Who we are
Company Name: Synergy Electrical
Address: The Office, The Old Stables, Lower Lodge Farm, Laughton Road, Ringmer, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 5NQ
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following type of information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address (used for estimates, confirmations, invoicing and feedback)
- Your billing information
- Marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
If you visit our website, there is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by us. This information can include:
- Device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
- Operating system
- IP address
- Browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
- Access times
- Referring website addresses
- Other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy
- Location information (we may receive your generic location, such as city or neighbourhood)
For employees and recruitment applicants we collect and process the following type of information:
- Personal details (name/address/phone numbers/email addresses etc)
- Education details
- Employment history
- Other relevant details
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- When you make an enquiry about our services
- When you engage us in a contract to provide services
- When you browse our website
- When you leave feedback or a review
- When you sign up to marketing emails
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Companies with whom we either subcontract or have a recommendation relationship, who share your personal information with us so that we can contact you to provide the service you agreed with them (for example the company from whom you purchased a pool may provide us with your address and phone number so we can contact you about installing the pool)
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Provide you with the contracted services
- Maintain internal records
- Send you service emails (quotations
- Improve our customer service
- Send you marketing communications (if you have opted in)
Who we share your data with
We may share this information with ServiceM8, our Job Management Software company who act as a Data Processor on our behalf (more information about ServiceM8 is available from https://www.servicem8.com/uk/gdpr) and with Mailchimp, our chosen e-marketing platform (more information available from https://mailchimp.com/gdpr/)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your data
Your information is securely stored in cloud storage servers which are password protected using Microsoft One Drive. (More information about this is available at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-onedrive-blog/gdpr-compliancy-with-onedrive-and-sharepoint/ba-p/191126 )
How long we retain your data
We keep personal information (e.g. name, address, contact details) for 7 years to enable us to meet HMRC Tax reporting regulations. We will then dispose your information by deleting your customer profile from our internal files, our ServiceM8 account and our Mailchimp account.
What rights you have over your data
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com or on 07786261561 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Synergy Electrical, The Office, The Old Stables, Lower Lodge Farm, Laughton Road, Ringmer, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 5NQ. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk